TERMS & CONDITIONS
- If your Transcom product needs servicing or repair, you can take advantage of Transcom’s online Returned Merchandise Authorization (RMA) service. We offer repair service for both warranty and out-of-warranty Transcom products at Transcom service centers.
- Before sending your product in, you will need to obtain an RMA number. Use our on-line request form (hyper link, jumps to below RMA service form) to obtain an RMA number.
On our online RMA system, you may request RMA service. Our staff is available at any time to provide you with the friendly and immediate service.
RMA Service Instructions
Obtaining a RMA number
- When filling out the request form, please provide complete contact information as well as detailed descriptions of the item malfunction. It is not sufficient to state that the item “does not work”.
- If you are uncertain about the cause of the problem, please contact Transcom. The technical support engineer may be able to resolve your issue without requiring you to send your product in for repair.
Returning the product for repair
- Please send only the device itself and do not include any accessories such as manuals, cables, etc. If you believe the accessories may be part of the problem and wish to include them, please indicate this clearly in your request. Otherwise, Transcom will not be able to guarantee that your accessories will be returned.
- Make sure that you include a printout of the RMA request form with your item when you ship it to us.
- You are responsible for any shipping charges when sending your item to Transcom. Transcom will cover any shipping charges when returning your item back to you.
- On your shipper’s invoice, be sure to write the following: “Goods with no commercial value are being returned for repair.” Without this note, additional charges will be levied by customs, which you will be responsible for.
- Charges may be incurred for certain repairs. Transcom will charge for repairs to products whose warranty period has expired. Transcom will also charge for repairs to products if the damage resulted from acts of God, environmental or atmospheric disturbances, or other external forces through misuse, abuse, or unauthorized alteration or repair.
- If charges will be incurred for a repair, Transcom will send a “Pro Forma Invoice” that lists all charges, and will wait for your approval before performing the repair.
- Repair service charges will be calculated as follows:
- Total Charges = Handling + Repair + Materials
Turnaround time for repair
- The turnaround time for diagnosis, repair, and return can vary from a few days to a few weeks, based on different service center, problems to repair and logistic.
Shipping of items
- Customer is responsible for the shipment charge from local address to Transcom service center. Transcom do not pay for the postage.
- Repaired items will be shipped along with a “Repair Report” detailing the findings and actions taken.
- Repaired items will be returned based on customer request. Customer may request a private shipping service such as UPS or DHL, but you will be responsible for any costs. If you
- require any special shipping arrangements, please indicate this clearly when shipping your item to Transcom.
RMA Service Flow Chart
RMA SERVICE REQUEST FORM
Please fill out the Return Material Authorization (RMA) Request Form below. A Service Center representative will respond to your request via email within 24 hours with an RMA number, estimate repair cost and shipping information.